Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Playlist, Scrable,Nose Tent, Saved, Christmas Miracle

So this is going to be a all in one post. The past couple weeks I've said so many times, I should blog about that, but haven't! So here it is all in one!

First I have made a new play list. It's called "Back in the Day". I figured since it's the end of the year and a great time to reflect upon the past why not enjoy a little music from the past as well! I can almost guarantee that if you flipped though it you'd find multiple songs that take you back! There are some oldies but goodies on there! I dare to to look! Try not to find a song you once loved!!! There are over 100 songs! I'm sure you'll find something. I know over 100 songs a little excessive right, I got carried away, had too much fun! Brent also thought it was an extremely fun game for me to go through all the songs and he basically played name that tune. He's really good!!

Scrabble: I stink at scrabble! I don't spell very well so scrabble has never been a game I've loved. Brent on the other hand loves word games and LOVES scrabble. So we play. I usually will ask him what I can do a couple times during
the game and I always loose. That's not the point the point is we are together and doing something at least one of us loves. Well the other day we were playing and I was kicking some scrabble butt!! I got one word that was worth 42 points!! I've never done that! And I won the game! It made my day. As much as I love Brent and therefore play a game I always loose, I have a very competitive side so winning made my night!



Nose Tent: I've been congested for a couple weeks now. It doesn't really bother me during the day but at night my sinus dry out and are extremely painful! I pulled out our humidifier knowing that would most likely solve the problem only to find it broken!! So I then resort to my childhood fix of a nose tent. You may not have heard of this before, probably because I made it up! LOL So are you curious what a nose tent is? Let me enlighten you, a nose tent is made by placing a blanket or pillow over/around your nose so the moist air you exhale is trapped in it, thus creating moist air for you to inhale. The only problem with the nose tent is you feel a little oxygen deprived after a little bit!

Saved: The nose tent is clearly not very effective so we went and bought a new humidifier. It's not as nice as the old one that broke. That one had different settings and you could add eucalyptus (ahhhh) etc. It was nice!

The new one is the cheapest one they had (we have hopes of fixing the old one and so we didn't want to spend a lot of money again on a new one). It has no settings, no place to add nice smelling essential oils. It just chugs out moist air.

I have it on the floor just next to the bed. The other night I woke up as I turned over, this is not typical. I instantly thought where is my body pillow (also not typical I don't instantly think any thing when I first wake up). Then decided I didn't really need it and tried to go back to sleep. The I thought again, no find your body pillow. So I did and I'm SO glad I did. It had fallen off the bed right on top of the humidifier. It was so hot I'm sure it was on the verge of melting!! We were saved thanks to some loving promptings!

Christmas Miracle: I wanted snow for Christmas. Remember I live in the greater Phoenix area, it doesn't snow here! But I really wanted it, even prayed for it. Well Brent was taking the trash around and came and hollering "Terina come here quick!!!" I hurry down stairs and he says stand right here, a very exact spot. I stood there and he said, look. I looked and didn't see anything. He told me, you have to look in the light, very carefully. SNOW!!! It was barely there and only visible when looking at the area illuminated by our porch light and it disappeared before it hit the ground. But I saw it. I could only say Thank you!! To Brent for knowing that I wanted that and for a Heavenly Father who gave it to me!!!

3 comments:

August and Melissa said...

is that the exact snowflake you saw??? did you take that picture?

Kalena and Justin said...

Yeah for the none spellers winning at scrabble. It will never happen for me,lol. Im so glad you got at least some snow, I think its the end of the world snow in Vegas and Phoenix.lol.

Ok as far as the play list you were right I LOVE IT!!! I might have to put one of my own together. and do pictures of all of us in highschool. I know be afraid. I miss you so much thanks for taking me back down memory lane I needed it.

And I leave you with two parting thoughts...

Secrate Missions.

And he ummmm hummmm to the ummmmhummm in the mmmmmmmmmmhummmmmm LOL

Love you lady

therealmccoy said...

Look at you posting Mama! If you're ever feeling scrabble sad and want to boost your spirits, you can play me - you're guaranteed to win!