Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bad Guys

The other day I picked up Gavin and McKinnley from preschool. We hit the road only to encounter a horrible driver. Since I've spent a year of my life with NY drivers and a while living in LA I really hold no reservations using my horn most of the time (a habit Brent has tried unsuccessfully to break me of for years ) So since they're driving like an idiot I honk my horn. This is the conversation that followed.

Gavin: Why did you beep?
Me: Because they were bad drivers!
Gavin: They were bad guys?!?!
Me: No they were just driving badly.
Gavin: They were driving bad guys?!?!?!
Me: No Gavin they were just not driving very good. They aren't bad guys, just bad drivers.
Gavin: Oh :( (Very disappointed!!!)

Moral: To kids sometimes bad guys are good/cool things!

Also we were making paper snowflakes. I was cutting, they were trying to cut (being only 3 and 4 it's hard to cut through a paper folded over six times) I got done with one, handed it to them to open. Gavin says "Oh wow Terina! That is beautiful!!" McKinnley says "That is so beautiful! Terina how did you make such a beautiful snowflake"

Moral: Appreciate the beauty, even when it's simple and homemade!!

5 comments:

Shawn Brown said...

Kids are so cute

Kalena and Justin said...

Its amazing what we miss as grown up that we have to be reminded of. Im glad you got to have such and eye opening day :)

shells said...

Aww ... I miss kids sometimes! They are so great. So candid!

Shelece & Josh said...

such a cute story!

Crystal-lynn said...

Gotta love it! :)