Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Aftermath

warning girly boob talk ahead

The things we do as women to perpetuate the population! Seriously we should all be honored for sacrificing our bodies and having babies. It truly is a sacrifice! One gladly made but a sacrifice none the less!


The aftermath of nursing is quite sad.  I cried.  I think I was in denial that my boobs could get any smaller.  They were already so so so small before.  I honestly thought they could not get any smaller.  They did.  I literally cried.  Being so small to begin with it honestly feels a little like I don't even have boobs any more.  Just nipples hanging on a little loose skin.  I noticed it for the first time when I was laying in bed the other night.  Granted laying in bed doesn't really help matters at all but still, gone.  They are gone.  There are fat kids with bigger boobs then me.  There are 10 year olds with bigger boobs then me.  My A cup bras are now loose fitting.  Just doesn't quite seems fair.  After I had my little melt down I told myself, I may not have boobs but I also don't have stretch marks, or an extra 30 lbs after having a baby, and that is good!  I may have lost my boobs but I found a fullness of joy when I had Croix.  It is all worth it.  But I now have a greater understanding for why people have plastic surgery.

I also finally gave in and tried using cabbage during weaning.  I don't know why I was so resistant, it helped tons!  Yes I smelled like a salad.  Yes it was a little gross.  Yes it worked!  I think the benadryl helped too!  No more pain!  Yay!  I can cuddle with my boys again! 

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ah dear. I am so sorry. It is a sad thing indeed but I am glad that you are now pain free and that the cabbage worked it's wonders!

Anonymous said...

You are so so so cute!!! I cried this week too, but in a whole different stage of life. My oldest is a senior in high school, has his first job, learners permit, and is staying with my mom during the week for awhile to be closer to school. New stages are tough! Hang in there!

Oh and in about 15 more years you will really see why people want plastic surgery. It is definitely on my 100 things to do list! :)

Hulse Family said...

My sister-in-law was in your same situation and had plastic surgery. She loved it. Took her back to the "C" she started with before 5 kids. I on the other hand am at the opposite side of the scale. We all cry for different things I think but in the end my grandmother always told me "if all our troubles were hung on the line, you'd take yours and I'd take mine". So true!