Monday, April 30, 2012

Easter

Easter happened to be the same day I ended up in urgent care.  Needless to say our celebrations were minimal this year.  In the mist of feeling like I was going to die I forgot completely about dying eggs and getting goodies for a basket.  I remembered about the Easter bunny as I was getting ready to go to bed.  So we dug the basket out of the closet, I rummaged through the pantry and found a handful of Hershey kisses from Christmas (Croix doesn't know that red and green are Christmas colors!)  I had a couple books put away in my closet.  We threw those in a basket and called it good. 

I missed everything in the morning.  Slept right through Croix getting up and finding his basket.  Missed him searching for eggs over and over.  Missed Easter dinner.  Missed it all.  Thankfully it will happen again next year.  We did end up dying eggs a few days after Easter.  But I was still far from feeling 100%.  The camera never got pulled out.  But you better believe it was messy, and Croix loved every minute of it, even if there are not pictures to prove it!

No comments: