Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nap Time

Croix is transitioning out of a nap.  Which makes me oh so sad!  I still put him in his room and tell him to take a nap, because he's tired, he just won't.  We'll be out and about in the morning and he'll yawn and then say, "I not so tired Mommy".  Or be half asleep in his car seat and then say, "I don't want a nap Mommy"  Sigh.  Where has this sudden disdain of naps come from?  I still tell him he needs to be quite and have him in his room about an hour and a half.  He's not so good at being quite.  He is great at making huge messes.  The other day I went and got him and this is what I found.




It took him an hour to clean it up! And I made him clean it up.  I keep debating if I should give him some toys in his room to play with, conceding that he no longer needs to nap. Or just let him have his books, and that's it, with the hope he will nap.  He gets so grumpy when he doesn't nap still.  Or else I wouldn't mind so much.  Despite my previous belief I am surviving with out naps.  But he is so difficult!  He cries at the drop of a hat, he screams and cries when he doesn't get his way, he doesn't listen and thinks everything must be his way!  Sigh.  Ever 5 or so days he will just crash from exhaustion and sleep for hours, up to 3 hours!  So I know he still needs it.  Everyone keeps saying 3 is harder than 2 and I'm now convince this is because lots of children transition away from a nap at 3!  I'm hoping and trying so hard to get him into a preschool.  Then at least 2 days a week we'll both  have a break from each other that doesn't involve his bedroom.

1 comment:

AZ Larsens said...

Don't give up! Take all the toys out of his room. Can you darken it in there? Maybe turn on a fan for white noise? I made all my kids nap until 5 years old. They may have fought it on occasion but they ALL took naps. Samuel still takes them. Kids NEED their naps. Especially if they're early risers like mine are...