Sunday, May 20, 2012

Free Night

This weekend Brent took Croix camping. He was unable to go to our wards father and son and we couldn't go camping with my family. So he decided to do a trip of his own. (I have every intention to make Brent blog about it since I wasn't there).  Brent got off work early Friday and they took off after nap time.  I was trying to figure out what to do with myself with them gone.  I decided to run some errands and do some shopping.  I went to the chiropractor, Bahama bucks, the bank, KFC, Ross, Babies R Us, Kohls, Ulta, and Hobby Lobby!  It was so nice to not have to put Croix in and out of a car seat a million times, to not have to stop at a bathroom every store we were in, not have to chase Croix around stores, to actually be able to spend as much time as I needed/wanted to look at things, not have to pull things out of the cart and put them back.  Ahhhhh It was delightful!

When I got home I was sitting and relaxing (that much shopping 8 months pregnant will sure wear a lady out!)  when the doorbell rang.  I wasn't expecting anyone and so I didn't even get up to see who it might be.  Then all the sudden it sounded like someone was trying to open my door!  I got up and looked out the peep hole, didn't see anything.   Then all our neighbors dogs started barking!  I said a little prayer, and went on relaxing. 

The next morning I was getting ready to go to my Dr. apt and it sounded like our door coming in from the garage opened.  I was sure Brent and Croix were home early.  I went down to check and nothing.  Nothing like a noisy townhouse with shared walls to make all sorts of sounds while I'm home alone!

Brent pointed out it was my first time sleeping at home alone.  I thought for sure it wasn't but thinking about it everytime we've been apart, I've been the one who's been gone! I've gone to bed with out him plenty of times but he's always come home. 

They came home that afternoon.  I was just long enough for me to enjoy my quite time, appreciate having them home, but not miss them too much!  I realized it's probably the last quite me time I'll get before baby comes!

No comments: