Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Best Day!

I bribed Croix today. I told him if he was really good and didn't have to go to time out or get a spanking all day he could have a popsicle. I didn't think there was any way he would be able to do it. He did great all morning. He listened, and when he started being a little naughty I just mentioned the popsicle and he immediately listened! We went to a friends and played. Its so good for both of us to get out of the house. Then he took a nap!!! The first one in at least a week, probably longer. Best part Maizy slept at the same time so I GOT A NAP!! First time that's happened during the week and not on the weekend in like a month! We all slept the afternoon away. Oh it was heaven! I woke up and wasn't sure if he was awake or asleep. I wasn't sure if I heard him or not, the joy of shared walls. I heard thumping but our neighbors little kid is in the room that shares a wall with our bedroom. So I hear thumping from both sides. Anyway I was feeling guilty thinking he was awake and had been in there for hours while I was sleeping. I went in and there he was sleeping so peaceful. I went back to bed and went back to sleep! He and Maizy woke up at the same time. I nursed Maizy and Croix and I read stories. Brent came home and fixed dinner. After dinner Croix and I went in the back yard and he enjoyed his well earned popsicle! I told him to put on shoes and take off his shirt. He decided to take everything off. So he was out there in nothing but his shoes. We sat out on the patio and talked and laughed. When he was done I rinsed him off with the garden watering can, because that's how I roll. Then I took him up and gave him a bath, which we both enjoyed. It was such a prefect day!
Oh its been so long since we've had such a great day!



No comments: